Hyatt Hotels Corporation, commonly known as Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, is an American multinational hospitality company headquartered in the Riverside Plaza area of Chicago that manages and franchises luxury and business hotels, resorts, and vacation properties.
The company offers the concept of “total quality” in service to their guests and customers through internal staff (receptionists, bellboys, maids, etc). The contact between staff and customers is daily and constant. The management of the company is well aware that its employees are the image of the company and therefore spares no resources to maintain or improve the working environment of the company. The training is as important as the happy employees in providing the best service.
Achieving excellence is done through a good program to improve the working environment:
Each employee receives a job description with the rules and regulations of the company. Each hotel has its own job description, although everyone responds to a series of standards that correspond to the philosophy of the company.
The ultimate goal is to achieve excellence through efficiency. To attain this, the staff has to work under the following conditions: Pleasant working climate; Relaxed, comfortable and casual atmosphere; Good mood; Fair wages.
In 2020, Hyatt pivoted quickly to put several measures in place to support colleagues at the onset of the pandemic, while also taking steps to further address diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) and an increased need to prioritize wellbeing, including:
- Established the Hyatt Care Fund, a program designed to support colleagues with the most pressing financial needs as a result of COVID-19 through a series of coordinated efforts around the world, with a total of $17m in funds being paid out
- Implemented Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Program that builds on existing rigorous safety and cleanliness protocols
- Launched Hyatt’s Change Starts Here commitments to accelerate employees diversity, equity and inclusion efforts
- Introduced Hyatt Well-Check, a mental wellbeing assessment tool developed by Weill Cornell Department of Medicine, to help colleagues better understand the state of their own mental wellbeing and point them toward resources
Hyatt also offers employees benefits and perks designed to allow them to be their best, including:
- Travel perks including complimentary stays at Hyatt hotels around the world
- A global family assistance policy that provides employees with paid time off following the birth or adoption of a child as well as financial assistance for adoption
- Access to skills training and world-class education opportunities through Saba Cloud
- A diverse workplace, including many diversity business resource groups, creating an environment where all colleagues can be their authentic selves at work
- Work-life benefits including wellbeing initiatives, on-site rest and relaxation, meditation lounges, flexible schedules
- Access to a complimentary Headspace subscription as a means of supporting them on their own mental health and wellbeing journeys
- Free or subsidized meals to hotel employees during work hours.
According to newsroom.hyatt.com and claritywave.com. Source of photos: internet