The Kellogg Company, doing business as Kellogg’s, is an American multinational food manufacturing company headquartered in Battle Creek, Michigan, United States. Kellogg’s produces cereal and convenience foods, including crackers and toaster pastries, and markets its products by several well-known brands including Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Frosted Flakes, Pringles, Eggo, and Cheez-It. Kellogg’s mission statement is “Nourishing families so they can flourish and thrive.”
Kellogg’s products are manufactured and marketed in over 180 countries. Kellogg’s largest factory is at Trafford Park in Trafford, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, which is also the location of its UK headquarters. Other corporate office locations outside of Battle Creek include Chicago, Dublin (European Headquarters), Shanghai, and Querétaro City.
The company’s milestone:
-In 1906, Kellogg’s Company was founded by Will Keith W.K. Kellogg.
– In 1910, Kellogg’s Offers First Cereal Premium Prize.
– In 1916, Kellogg presents All-Bran, the first cereals with high fiber content.
– In 1922, Kellogg products are sold all around the UK.
– In 1923, Mary Barber starts defining the role different foods have in a daily diet.
– In 1928, Kellogg’s Rice Krispies First Appears On The Market.
– In 1942, Kellogg’s Raisin Bran First Available In Stores.
– In 1951, Kellogg’s Introduces Sugar Corn Pops Cereal.
– In 1952, Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes and Kellogg’s Sugar Smacks Introduced.
– In 1956, Kellogg’s Special K Cereal Appears In Stores.
– In 1958, Kellogg’s Cocoa Krispies Hits Stores.
– In 1963, Kellogg’s Froot Loops were Introduced.
– In 1964, Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts Are Introduced.
– In 1965, Kellogg’s Apple Jacks Cereal First Appears.
– In 1970, Kellogg’s Acquires Eggo Waffles.
– In 1977, Kellogg’s Cracklin’ Oat Bran was Introduced.
– In 1981, Kellogg’s Introduces Nutri-Grain Cereal Bars.
– In 1988, Kellogg sells its U.S. and Canadian tea operations.
– In 1997, the Opening of the W.K. Kellogg Institute for Food and Nutrition Research.
– In 1998, Kellogg’s Introduces Smart Start Cereal.
– In 2000, Kellogg’s developed breakfast clubs in England to help children start the day right by having a full breakfast.
– In 2010, to encourage a reduction of salt in the daily diet, the content of salt in all Kellogg’s products was reduced. Kellogg’s cereal has 50% less salt than a decade ago.
– In 2011, Kellogg’s adds vitamin D to all children’s cereal to help combat the increase in rickets.
– In 2018, the company debuts HI! Happy Inside Cereal the Supports digestive wellness.
– In 2019, Kellogg’s launches Mision Tiger across the USA.
According to timetoast.com; worldhistoryproject.org; britannica.com.