Ford Motor Company (commonly known as Ford) is an American multinational automobile manufacturer headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan, United States. The company sells automobiles and commercial vehicles under the Ford brand, and luxury cars under its Lincoln luxury brand. Ford also owns Brazilian SUV manufacturer Troller, an 8% stake in Aston Martin of the United Kingdom and a 32% stake in China’s Jiangling Motors.
The company’s milestone:
– In 1903 – Ford Motor Company was founded by Henry Ford, an American industrialist, business magnate.
– In 1904 – Ford’s first international plant was built in Walkerville (now Windsor), Ontario, right across the Detroit River from Ford’s existing facilities.
– In 1906 – Ford Motor Company becomes America’s largest car manufacturer producing 8,729 cars.
– In 1907 – Ford introduces the scripted typeface of its trademark.
– In 1908 – Ford introduces the Model T and William C. Durant forms General Motors.
– In 1913 – Ford engineers introduce a moving assembly line for auto production.
– In 1914 – Ford introduces the $5 day wage for hourly workers.
– In 1917 – Ford begins construction of the river rouge complex. It would become the largest integrated factory in the world by the following decade.
– In 1918 – Ford’s river rouge complex begins manufacturing antisubmarine patrol boats.
– In 1925 – Ford begins production of ford tri-motor airplanes.
– In 1927 – Ford begins selling the 1928 model A.
– In 1932 – As with the new Model A, Henry Ford shut down all other production operations to work on this innovative project. At great effort and expense, the company engineered a way to cast the first commercially successful V8 engine.
– In 1936 – Ford begins selling the Lincoln zephyr line.
– In 1940 – Ford begins producing jeeps for the U.S. military.
– In 1948 – Ford introduces the F-series line of trucks.
– In 1954 – Ford introduces the thunderbird. The T-Bird emphasized comfort and convenience over sportiness. With its performance, design and distinctive porthole windows, the car would become a classic.
– In 1956 – Ford becomes a publicly traded company.
– In 1959 – Ford credit is founded. The full name of Ford’s financial services arm is Ford Motor Credit Company LLC, and today the company offers loans and leases to car buyers, in addition to loans and lines of credit for Ford and other dealerships.
– In 1964 – The Ford Mustang goes on sale.
– In 1965 – Ford-philco engineers unveil the mission control center used to put a man on the moon.
– In 1970 – Ford introduces three-point, self-adjusting and retracting front outboard lap and shoulder belts.
– In 1985 – Ford revolutionizes automotive design with the taurus.
– In 1993 – Ford introduces the mondeo as its new global sedan.
– In 1996 – Ford produces the Ford Ranger electric vehicle.
– In 2004 – Ford introduces the gt as its premium sports car.
– In 2009 – Ford begins offering its turbocharged EcoBoost line of engines.
– In 2016 – Ford smart mobility, llc is created.
– In 2019 – Ford debuts the all-electric mustang Mach-E.
– In 2021 – Ford reveals the truck of the future, the all-electric f-150 lightning.
According to corporate.ford.com; thehenryford.org; en.wikipedia. Source of photo: internet