David’s Bridal started in 1950 as a small bridal boutique in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. In 1972, Floridian Phillip Youtie purchased the salon with intentions of opening new locations. Between that time and 1988, Youtie successfully grew his investment from a single store to 18 boutiques. Many of these boutiques were leased bridal stores that were in department stores under David’s Bridal name.
Stores at this time stocked only sample gowns in a standard size. Youtie and Erlbaum changed the store model in the late 1980s with this warehouse off Interstate 95 where they stocked designer gowns, discontinued dress and manufacturer overruns at below retail prices. This chain of bridal stores was like none of its kind.
David’s Bridal was all about making a no-frills shopping environment for those who need an expensive wedding dress for a fraction of the price. Stores were not comfortable, but more plain and warehouse-like. Although there was little to no comfort in the stores, brides-to-be could expect a bargain.
Years later, as the business grew even larger and larger, small stores were starting to go out of business while more David’s Bridal stores were being put into the business. Between 1994 and 1995, 12 stores were added to the bridal corporation.
On July 24, 2023, CION Investment Corp. took control of David’s Bridal after investing 20 million dollars. With a revolving line of credit and a term loan offered by Bank of America, it was announced that the chain would have 195 stores and 7,000 employees.
According to en.wikipedia. Source of photos: internet