Two of the buildings, dating back to 1914-1917 and 1930, were listed on the National Register of Historic Places on November 10, 1982.
Philip Amelius (PA) Conrad (b. 1882, Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana) began rice farming in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana around the turn of the 20th century with his uncle Charles Conrad. Wanting to operate independently, he moved to New Iberia on the banks of the Bayou Teche, buying land on the north side of the Bayou near present-day LA Highway 87, just east of North Lewis Street, to grow rice. The harvested rice was shipped approximately 125 miles by steamboat to New Orleans for milling, as no local rice mills existed. After several crops, in 1910, he built a small rice mill on the property to avoid the need to ship to New Orleans.
In 1912 he relocated, rebuilding the mill at its current location at 307 Ann Street in New Iberia and establishing the Conrad Rice Milling and Planting Company. He purchased additional land and moved his rice fields to the south bank of the bayou (now the location of the former Julian Conrad house (Beau Revé) at 1312 East Main St. in New Iberia. The location of the rice fields on the Bayou Teche was crucial, since water was required for irrigation of the crops. In subsequent years the company continued to acquire land for farming further to the south, to just beyond the present location of US Highway 90, accumulating a total of 575 acres.
According to wikipedia