The temple was founded in 1852, reportedly at its current location at 125 Waverly Place, by Day Ju, one of the first Chinese persons to arrive in San Francisco. The building was later destroyed in the 1906 earthquake and fire, with the image of the goddess, the temple bell, and part of the altar surviving.
By then, ownership of the building site had transitioned to the Sue Hing Benevolent Association, which reopened it in 1910 on the top floor of a four-story building it built on the site.The temple closed in 1955 and reopened on May 4, 1975, after the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 had caused a rejuvenation of San Francisco's Chinatown.
In May 2010, the one-hundredth anniversary of the temple was celebrated by a religious procession through the streets in the neighborhood, including dances and fireworks. The temple is a significant landmark in Chinatown; the Chinese name for Waverly Place is 'Tin How Temple Street'.
The temple is open daily between 10 A.M. and 3 P.M., excepting holidays. Admission is free with permission from the attendant, and donations are accepted. Photography is not allowed inside the temple.
According to Wikipedia