The Baltimore College of Dental Surgery (BCDS) was chartered by an act of the General Assembly of Maryland (state legislature) in 1840. Its co-founders, Doctors Horace H. Hayden and Chapin A. Harris have been both inducted in the Pierre Fauchard Academy Hall of Fame. Dr. Harris was the school's first dean and a professor of practical dentistry.
Following the death of Dr. Hayden on January 25, 1844, he became the school's second president. The College is still in existence today and is part of the University of Maryland, Baltimore as one of its five professional graduate level schools.
Today, the University of Maryland School of Dentistry enjoys one of the most advanced dental education facilities in the world. The new 12-story building on West Fayette Street on the westside of downtown Baltimore was completed in October 2006.
The structure replaced a previous building on the site that was only three decades old. The total cost for the new establishment amounted to over $140 million dollars, the highest amount ever spent on an academic building by the State of Maryland.
According to wikipedia